Your privacy is important to us. It is Ross Scarfone Real Estate's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, https://rossscarfone.com.au/, and other sites we own and operate.
We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used.
1. Personal Information We Collect
The types of personal information that we collect about you will depend on our relationship with you, the circumstances of collection and the type of goods and/or services you request from us. The personal information may include (but is not limited to):
· Information relating to your use of our website.
2. How We Collect Personal Information
· We may collect personal information about you when you create an account, send us an email to enquire about our website or licence terms, purchase our goods and / or services, register to receive our newsletters or other communications, apply for a job, enter into one of our competitions, visit our website or otherwise interact with us.
· We also use a range of social media channels (“Social Media”) to distribute news, announcements, promotions and to address community enquiries. If you submit or post comments, images, tweets, recordings or other personal content for public display on Social Media, that information may be available for anyone in the world to read, view or comment on. We are not responsible to you for the information handling practices of Social Media platforms.
· As commonly done by other sites, our server also automatically collects information about your use of our website and other services (Site Data). Broadly, Site Data includes the types of browser you are using, access times, your IP address, the URL you have come from (including the time spent at that URL, cookies and your domain type and server).
3. How We Use Your Personal Information
· We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
o to provide, and administer our provision of, goods and/or services, including verifying your identity; contacting you about your bookings, reservations and other arrangements; processing payments; training our staff; testing our systems, and managing your interaction with our suppliers;
o to provide, maintain and improve our website and services;
o to distribute our newsletters and other communications either ourselves or with the assistance of third party service providers;
o to conduct marketing activities for our goods and services, or goods and services of third parties, and to conduct market and other research to improve our supply of goods, services and our marketing activities;
o obtain analytical data;
o for any other use that you authorise in writing; and/or
o to carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
· The provision of personal information is optional. However, if you do not provide us with certain types of personal information, you may be unable to enjoy the full functionality of our website or purchase goods and/or services from us.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
· We may disclose your personal information to suppliers and third parties that perform services for us in connection with our website and in connection with the sale and provision of our goods and/or services, including third parties who:
o provide information technology services such as data storage, website hosting, software and system development, maintenance and support, and information processing, analysis and reporting;
o show you ads on sites on the internet, including Google.
· For more information on how Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
· Cookies are small pieces of data stored on the web browser on your computer. Our website may store cookies on your web browser.
· The main reasons we store cookies are to:
o improve your website browsing experience;
o gather statistics on website usage; and
o enable us to present customised and appropriate messages to you.
· You can set up most web browsers so you are notified when a cookie is received, so you can then either accept or reject it. You can also check the cookies stored by your web browser and remove any that you do not want.
6. Access to and Correction of Personal Information About You
· If you would like to request access to, or correction of, the personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details in the section of our website titled Contact Us.
7. Advertising and analytics
8. Opting Out of Promotion and Marketing
If you do not want to receive communications about our latest goods and/or services, you can opt out by contacting us using the contact details in the section of our website titled Contact Us. In the absence of your opting out, we may use your information (including personal information) to provide you with current information about our products and services, offers and updates about our organisation. We may contact you by mail, email, SMS, Social Media and/or telephone.